Bankruptcy in Sacramento County
Sacramento County, California is home to 1.4 million residents, with Sacramento as the county seat and California’s state capital. Sacramento County is vast at 994 square miles. Its southern tip abuts the San Francisco Bay and the county stretches northeast into Gold Country and the Sierra Nevada mountains. Sacramento County got its namesake from a Spanish cavalryman who named the region after the Sacramento River (translated to Most Holy Sacrament in Spanish), and was created in 1850 as one of California’s original counties.
As of Census 2010, the median income for a household in Sacramento County was $43,816. The Sacramento County Bankruptcy Attorneys at Lockhart Park, LLP are dedicated to representing residents who are suffering from financial hardship throughout the Sacramento region. Approximately 106,475 Chapter 7 bankruptcies and 28,822 Chapter 13 bankruptcies were filed in California in 2013. Due to the residential housing bubble and eventual burst, Sacramento County residents suffered tremendously during the Great Recession and thousands were forced to file bankruptcy during the wake of the downturn.
At Lockhart Park, LLP, our Sacramento County Bankruptcy Attorneys have the knowledge and experience to protect your rights and pave a path to financial freedom if you are subject to insurmountable debt, wage garnishment, foreclosure, judgment, credit card bills, medical bills, or other obligations that are a burden to you and your family.
Don’t try to shoulder the burden of your financial problems yourself. Allow our experienced bankruptcy attorneys do their job so you can focus on getting your life back together and obtaining the fresh start that is your American right. Each attorney in our firm is proud of the work we do on behalf of our clients and is committed to bringing all of our resources to fight on behalf of each client we take the honor and responsibility of representing. Lockhart Park, LLP represents clients in communities throughout Sacramento County including Sacramento, Rancho Cordova, Citrus Heights, Elk Grove, Folsom, Galt, and Isleton.
Our Sacramento County bankruptcy attorneys take special care in representing the vulnerable individuals both young and old that are suffering from financial hardship. Every year, hardworking families are placed in a difficult position of deciding whether bankruptcy should be an option to be considered.
At Lockhart Park, LLP you will find a full-service bankruptcy law firm in Sacramento County that is focused on assisting those who have been the subject of predatory practices of credit card companies, mortgage firms, banks and financial institutions that make billions of dollars off charging consumers crushing interest rates. Get the relief you deserve and contact one of our experienced Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorneys today.BANKRUPTCY COURT INFORMATION
If you find yourself in a position where bankruptcy makes sense for you, you must go to court for a 341 Meeting of Creditors in a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 case, and you may have to attend a Confirmation Hearing as well in a Chapter 13 case. You will be required to provide the security guard a valid driver’s license or government issued picture identification card prior to entering the 341 Meeting or the courthouse. The following is pertinent information related to bankruptcies in Sacramento County, California:
- Sacramento County falls under the jurisdiction of the Federal Bankruptcy Court of the Eastern District of California (Sacramento Division). The Sacramento Division is located at 501 I Street, Suite 3-200 in Sacramento and handles bankruptcies filed in the following counties: Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calveras, Colusa, El Dorado, Glenn, Lassen, Modoc, Mono, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sierra, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Siskiyou, Solano, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tuolumne, Yola, and Yuba.
- The Office of the U.S. Trustee in the Sacramento Division is located at 501 I Street, Suite 7-500, Sacramento, California 95814.
- 341 Creditor Meetings in the Sacramento Division are held at the following locations:
- Either the Office of the United States Trustee or Meeting Room 7-A or Meeting Room 7-B all located at:
- Robert T. Matsui United States Courthouse
501 I Street, 7th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Judges in the Sacramento Division:
Please contact one of our experienced and compassionate bankruptcy attorneys today.